Silicon Valley, California 2012 schedule:
Thursday, May 24:
- Club Emil featuring ärtsoppa (yellow pea soup), pancakes, and punch hosted by Karin Markides, Chalmers CEO and President.
Friday, May 25:
- Lunch and kick-off at The Fish Market restaurant.
1:00 PM – 2:45 PM
- Site visit at Google headquarters, where several of our alumni work!
3:15 PM – 5:00 PM
- Site visit at NVIDIA, maker of graphics processing units…silicon display magicians.
- Dinner at restaurant in Palo Alto, CA (close to Stanford campus).
Saturday, May 26:
9:00 AM- 11:00 AM
- Tour of Stanford University.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tour of Wallenberg Hall at Stanford (also in use for the afternoon program).
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Lunch ($10 cash only).
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Panel of experts: “Silicon Valley Innovation System and Entrepreneurship”
- Stanford’s role in supplying innovation and talents to Silicon Valley.
- The role of VC and business law connections in startup.
- Business incubators and entrepreneurs give their stories.
- Deutsche Telekom – final remarks.
— Coffee Break —
3:15 PM – 3:45 PM
- Karin Markides’ presentation about Chalmers and Entrepreneurship.
4:00 PM – 4:45 PM
- Energy to America from Alberta’s oil sand (presentation given by our Calgary alumni).
7:30 PM – 12:00 AM
- Gasque at Lucie Stern Community Center, Palo Alto ($50).
– This site had a large seating capacity and excellent parking space.
– We offered an evening with dining and fun Swedish style, ending with Princess Cake.
– The special location permitted Singing and Skåling as loud as you could – no neighbors!
– Local cab drivers could get you back to your hotel or home – IF you had any voice left to ask.
Sunday, May 27:
- CING Annual Meeting in conference room at Marriott Courtyard Hotel Palo Alto.
Afternoon (Open Activities):
- San Francisco City Tour.
- Golden Gate Bridge 75th Year Anniversary Festival.
- Beautiful nature tour across the bridge.
- Dinner in downtown San Francisco.